Here in Arizona, probate is a legal process to wrap up one’s affairs upon their passing that takes at least four months and often costs thousands of dollars.
Sometimes probate is straight forward and administration goes relatively quickly.
Yet, it seems that, more often than not, the probate process is complicated and full of legal minefields.
Challenging issues that can arise in probate cases include:
- A will contest (when interested parties argue over what the will says or whether the deceased person was competent when they signed the will)
- When someone takes possession of estate property they aren’t entitled to
- Unique types of property that are difficult to appraise, manage or sell
- Claims of entitlement to assets based on alleged oral promises made by the deceased person
- When disputes arise between the deceased person’s children and the deceased person’s spouse who is not their children’s natural parent (i.e., their step parent) and much more.
Dealing with the passing of a loved one is difficult enough, with emotions running so high and overwhelming feelings of uncertainty and distress.
Contact Arizona Lawyer Julie LaBenz today to get answers to your probate-related questions and see if you can get on a path to save time, money and stress during the probate process.